Wednesday, October 20, 2010

And Then There Were Three...

Well ladies and gent's! As you may know, Josh and I are expecting our first child. There isn't much I can say right now. We go in for our first ultrasound this upcoming Monday (October 25th). I'm super excited!!! I have a feeling I am about 8 weeks but we will just have to wait and see. So far I have been blessed with harldy having any morning sickness. The biggest problem I seem to be facing right now is, I get car sick either when I am driving or when someone else is driving. I also have severe cramping at times throughout the day. It isn't follwed with any bleeding nor does it go on every day. Other than that Im ok! However, I do have occasional dizzy spells. Hopefully all this will be resolved soon. I guess I have a lot more going on then I thought.
So you want to know how I told Josh? Well you get to know anyways :) So here I was sitting at work  (as usual) when I noticed I hadn't been feeling well. I told my friend about this who had known the whole time that we were trying. She told me for the millionth time to "GO TAKE A TEST". Well at first I was hesitant to because, I had taken one a few weeks prior and it had come out negative. Well the whole car ride home I was debatig on whether or not to go and take one. I knew Josh was going to be home early because he had his EMT class. At the moment, I realized that, I didn't want to go and buy one, for fear Josh would see. Well, at the last minute before I turned onto the road that leads to our house, I turned into the Walgreens parking lot. I sat in the car for a moment trembling. I was so nervous! After a few minutes of sitting there, I went inside. I bought the test, shoved the bag in my purse (you never know who you could run into in Tooele County) and jolted for my car. After arriving home, I was grateful to see that Josh was mowing the lawn. I quickly opened the box, put the tests in my purse, threw the box on my car floor and went inside. Its a good thing I had to use the restroom anyways because otherwise, I couldn't have ran as fast as I did. And now the moment of truth.... I was so scared to look at the test! Part of me was hoping for a negative and the other part really really really wanted a positive! When I saw the double line (positive result), I didn't know if I was imagining it or not. I didn't know what to do! I couldn't just run outside and ask Josh and I couldn't call my mom. So I ended up calling my friend who had told me to take the test in the first place. She immediately told me to come over as soon as I could. I had to think of an excuse...FAST! Then I remembered she takes infant massage from me and has one more session left. The PERFECT excuse! I went outside and told Josh where I was going and "why" and left it at that. When I returned home after hearing the news of I'm going to be a mommy, I found Josh. I wasn't quite sure how to bring it up. I walked up to him and hugged him, shaking, then proceeded to tell him.."I have something to tell you"... At first he thought I had gotten a speeding ticket or something but once he found the news out, he couldn't stop smiling for literally 2 hours straight! It was so cute!! He is extremly excited to be a dad. And so are the new grandma's to be! This will be each of their's first grandbaby! They are so excited. My mother-inlaw SCREAMED!! and my sister-inlaw hyperventalated!! My family wasn't quite as ecstatic. Don't get me wrong, they are extremly excited they just didn't show it at the time. I think it was a big shock to them seeing as how we told each of our families we would be waiting at least 2 years before we had kids. We surprised the families by hand delivering flowers to them. The flowers were in a glass baby bottle with a pacifier tied around it! It was such a cute idea and I think it made a lasting impression on them :)
 I am so excited for this baby to come!! I cant wait to tell you more about what is happening in our little world. :)

2 comments:

  1. *AH!!!* This is so exciting!!! I am SO SO SO excited for you! If you ever need anything let me know m'kay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. so exciting! :) I'm so happy for you and Josh! I hope all goes well with the ultra sound!

    ReplyDelete