Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hot chocolate and Marshmellows

Well its finally fall! I am so excited! Fall, is my favorite season. I love the smells, the colors, the warm fuzzy's and all the family time. Plus, it's also cold so now I can make hot chocolate without Josh looking at me like I'm crazy! Well, not a lot has been going on since my last post. Our little family is just working away. Hopefully, with the holidays coming up, we will be able to do some fun activities. I just had a phone call at work from an older gentleman, asking for the U of U chronicle's phone number. While on my search to find the number for him, he began telling me a story of how important it is to smile. He then preceded to tell me a joke...It went like this, " A lady was asking the Mormon missionaries why all of their first names begin with Elder when the phone numbers begin with 801"....Yeah, I didnt get it either but, he asked if I smiled and I couldn't help but do just that. He was such a sweet old man! He made my day. I wish all the callers could be like him. But unfortunately, it isn't that way.
So a lot of debate has been going on about the Mormons and the Gays. Honestly, it really irritates me with all the hatred going on. I wish that people would just learn to accept the fact that, people are going to choose the way they live. We shouldn't try and change someone or make them feel horrible about themselves just because the chose not to live the way we do. We need to be respectful of everyone whether you are LDS, gay, black, white, muslim or any other lifestyle. I don't support gay marriage, but i'm not so against it to the point that I will bash on anyone that I can. I know a few gay people, and they are some of the nicest people I've ever met. I also know a few LDS members who think they are holier than God himself. We all just need to live like Christ and love people no matter what! Sorry for ranting. I just had to get it off of my chest. Thanks for reading :) Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. I wish there was a 'like' button, like facebook! Lol. I am right there with you. It is not our place to judge someone on the choices they make, we will never truly now what took them to that decision and whether we love them or not they are going to live life the way they want to so why not just accept them and enjoy everyone's love?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what's also awesome about fall?! EGGNOG IS COMING OUT!!!

    ReplyDelete